Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love for you to either leave a comment or follow my blog and then I can come and see your work and leave comments for you too.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Cute Companion 1st Card

This is my first card that I made for the Cute Companion Demonstration, I hope it all goes well. This post is scheduled to go live at 12 noon. Whilst I am typing this post 7am, the sun is out, the birds are singing and I am all packed up. I hope i have not forgotten anything. I hope to get their and get a decent car space. I hope the weather stays as it is and people will hopefully turn up to my demonstration.

When I first was given this Cute Companion stamp sets and was asked if I would demonstrate this card there was silence. Then... more silence.... Eventually Emma from the shop said, what do you think? With a fake smile, I said they are cute. I was asked to pick a set, which i said they are all cute, i like characters from both, you pick. Kim then said you can have both to play with. However I left the shop, thinking oh my.... what have I got myself into.... I have never been a fan of this range, it is not my style of card making. And I was in complete utter shock.. not sure if I could demonstrate them or not. My mum, said why did you not say no? Good question, I dont think that is in my system. I did not want to let the shop down.

However, NOW, that I have played with them I do adore them, and will probably buy more items from this range. I have had fun playing with them and making cards. My rocker blockers and stick n spray which were gathering dust have had a good play. Jayne Nesterenko has released more cute characters from this range, which will look forward to purchasing in the future.

This card is very inspired by the very talented, and owner of her own craft shop, Lyndsey Marie, she has an amazing blog.  She works regularly for various other craft magazines. This was my very first card as I have said, and at the start I was struggling. So i hope Lyndsey you do no mind, my good friend, by copying the style of your demonstration card.
Products used:
Papermania Rose Garden
Cute Companions Play Day Stamp Set
Adhesive Gems
Capsule Bows
Daisy and Dandelion Die Cut Greetings

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just so cute.You have made a wonderful job of this.xxx

gina g said...

Hiya Hun sorry i've been by much lately but its hard work looking after mil, love this card though such a sweet image too. luv gina xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card,
Sarpreet,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute!

coops said...

beautiful card sarpreet, fab colours and image.glad i`m not the only person who can never say no :) luv coops.xx

Little K Smith said...

Lovely card Sarpreet, it's nice to try something new. Hope your day went well!
Kelly.x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sarpreet,i love your image and papers.


Hugs Riet.xx

-Agnes- said...

A lovely card. so fresh and light! I like it when cute also looks elegant,like it does here. Well done!

friday feeling said...

This is a beautiful card - I wouldn't usually go for this style either but you've done a cracking job with it!

Margarets designer cards said...

A beautiful cute card Margaret

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Sarpreet, fab card love the layout and papers used looks great lol!!!!!. I have to say I am not struck on this range either, but unlike you I havent bothered to give them a go. I find I have to do it a lot in the shop, as i make samples for most of the items I stock some are my style others are not but it does you good to get out of your comfort zone every now and then.
Lyndsey xx