Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love for you to either leave a comment or follow my blog and then I can come and see your work and leave comments for you too.

Monday 27 December 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Over at Penny Black Saturday Challenge, this challenge is the turn of the recipe challenge which is:

3 Papers, 1 Ribbon, 1 Charm.

After seeing the challenge, immediately I made the card, minus with the charm. The three papers are the background dark pink paper, the paper across the middle in the background with the ribbon. The third paper is the paper piercing used for her dress.

With the snow being so horrible and only bound to getting everywhere by foot, i could not make it to the Hinckley Craft shop Kims Craft to see I can get a charm. If you are a regular viewer of my work, I am not a charm user.  So I was disappointed, that I did not have the charm or shrink plastic to make my own. Whilst sulking, I emailed Kath - who came back with such a sweet reply and suggestions to make your own charm such as a snowflake. However, the card I had in mind was a birthday card. So i have stamped a handbag and added 3d glossy accents to make my charm. I hope that is acceptable girls.

I am really pleased with the look of the card. Let's see if I can say the same in 6 months. I spent an hour last night, looking at cards i have a long time ago and even those I have made recently in the last few months and the cards i liked then, I currently have changed my opinion on. Hey ho - we are our own worst critics.
Products used:
Penny Black - Ginger Stamp
Born to Shop - Nostalgia Paper
Black Ribbon
3d Glossy Accents
Promarkers
Whispers dual tip water brush markers
Black Archival Ink Pad
Letraset Fineliner Pen
Memento Ink Pad
A6 Card Blank

Handbag image is from:
Clare Curds Signature Range - Shop Til You Drop Stamp Set

Sentiment is from:
Woodland Folk - Perfect Day Stamp

P.S I will return in the new year to catch up with you all

10 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card - love the image and fab colours :o) Lisa x

friday feeling said...

A fab card Sarpreet, I love how you've done the dress & the colour scheme as well as the pricked detail around the edges. I'm sure it will be fine for the challenge and you'll still love it in 6 months time!

coops said...

gorgeous card sarpreet.the image is fab and i love the striking pink and black and fab charm :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sarpreet,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Liz McGuire, said...

The handbag makes a perfect little charm! Thanks for joining in this week at Penny Black.

Liz x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarpreet. Happy New Year.xxx

Joey said...

Hi Sarpreet

this is gorgeous I love your layout! thanks for joining us at PBSC

Joeyxx

Lesley said...

lovely these images - hope you had a great Christmas too best wishes Lesley x

Wishing you a happy New Year too x

Whisper said...

Super card and am loving your homemade charm, Luv Sam x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card and love the handbag charm..thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...wishing you a happy 2011...hugs kath xxx