Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love for you to either leave a comment or follow my blog and then I can come and see your work and leave comments for you too.

Thursday 30 April 2009

My Card For CCSR's Stampin Chic Colour Challenge and Clare's Sketch Challenge


This card has several firsts for me. The first time using the Papermania Duo Stamp With Happy Birthday, the first time stamping onto Vellum, the first time using this colour combination of turquoise and yellow and the first time i managed to start and finish a new card in just over an hour.
.
I had this card idea almost instantly as soon as i saw the colour challenge at Stampin Chic, however with a busy bank holiday ahead i couldnt decide where to put the ribbon that is until i saw clares sketch challenge. I have used the sketch in a portrait layout.

I stamped the Happy Birthday in turquoise blending blocks all over the card black. Stamped the Daisley stamp for the Doodle Stamp set onto the turquoise card. Added the butterfly, created a trail with a pokey tool, and added adhesive gems. I hope you like.

Products used:
Papermania Duo Stamp - Happy Birthday and Present
CCSR Doodle Stamp Set
Watermark Ink Pad
Black Pigment Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Plain Vellum
Waterbrush Markers
Adhesive Gems
Wide turquise organza ribbon

and some great music to listen to whilst making the card.

5 comments:

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the butterfly and the trail you have made. The colour combo looks fab and I really like how you have done your own background with the stamo.
Lyndsey xx

Ruth said...

It's very elegant and I love the background stamping again.
Enjoy your Bank Holiday, Ruth x

Pauline said...

It's so pretty. Loving what you've done with the paper too :o)

Sue said...

Love this, Sarpreet. I have these stamps but struggling with ideas. I love how your done the background.

Olga Pope said...

Oh, so I was wrong about this cardc being time-consuming =)
Well, then it's even more impressive!
I really like the use of gems.
Olga x