Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I would love for you to either leave a comment or follow my blog and then I can come and see your work and leave comments for you too.

Saturday 28 February 2009

My Entry For Clare's Sketch Challenge


I have certainly found Clare's Sketch Challenges challenging as of late! It sometimes nearly takes the whole week just to decide on what stamps i am going to use and what papers. I did think of an idea using the Marie Curie Stamp Set.

In the end I decided to use the fabulous new stamp sets from Clare Curd. They are priced at an amazing £5.99 each, each set has so many stamps to chose from. There are four sets in total, why not go for all four, I did. I have already bought mine and hopefully if my poorly car returns from the garage today, i will get the papers too! I have used two techniques with this card - faux stitching and off stamping. With the area of with love - i used a cosmetic sponge to create the background, and off stamped the with love to create my own background. I have edged the papers with ink and doodled on the edges. I couldnt find matching ribbon, so when all else fails i used white organza ribbon, edged the edges using pigment ink and the colour of the card shows through to match. Didnt have any matching adhesive pearls, so i love the white pearls, and used permanent markers to match. The rest is as shown above.


Products used:

Clare Curds Signature Range - Stamping for him set, Clare Curds Signature Range Doodle Stamp Set, White a6 blank card, brown chalk cat eye, waterbrush markers, foam pads, adhesive pearls, white organza ribbon, x cut pokey tool.

I am still a poorly girl, had to leave work yesterday and i felt extremely bad. However with my body aching all over, and the painkillers not doing anything, i couldnt stay till the end of my shift.

I am back off to bed, I might be around to see a bit of this Clare's party launch tonight at 6.30pm if i feel better. Hopefully catch up with you all later x

No comments: